moderated Re: Please allow non-premium groups to "confirm" new members #suggestion

Michael Pavan

The text of the Groups.io Confirmation message leads many applicants to believe they only need to respond to 1 email.

| Hello,

| If you did not request - or do not want - a subscription to this group, please accept our apologies and ignore this message.
|

| Cheers,
| The Groups.io Team

On Mar 19, 2020, at 4:04 PM, J_Catlady <@J_Catlady> wrote:

telling people they have to respond to TWO emails,
It would help if it were revised to say something like:

Thank you for your interest in Groups.io and the group GROUPNAME@groups.io.

1) To confirm your Groups.io account, please reply to this email.
(This only confirms you can and want to receive messages from Groups.io at this email address)

If you did not request - or do not want - a subscription to this group, please accept our apologies and ignore this message.

Better yet, if it is for a restricted group with an active Pending Member message, it could say:
2) The group GROUPNAME@groups.io may require you reply to an additional email "<Pending Member message Subject>"