moderated Re: Please allow non-premium groups to "confirm" new members #suggestion

In fact, maybe this has been discussed before but it seems that in a restricted basic group, if the group requires a response to a questionnaire and receives a response, that should be sufficient to confirm the member. Maybe the problem is that the system doesn't keep track of whether there's a questionnaire in any given group? But it seems like overkill and requiring too much of people to both confirm and return a questionnaire, via two separate emails. Once we approve someone, we know they're legitimate and having to go around in circles with the NC situation (resend it, ask people to check their spam folders, explain why they need to do it, and in some cases, even just trying to reach them) is just an enormous PITA when they've already basically told us their name, rank, and serial no.

On Thu, Mar 19, 2020 at 9:46 AM J_Catlady via Groups.Io <j.olivia.catlady=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Premium restricted groups have a "confirm" button for new members who have applied by email and have not found and clicked on the confirmation email. But basic groups do not.

My block group, which is a basic group, is organizing for Covid-19 and is generating a lot of new members, some of whom have not confirmed and seem unable to. I realized this morning that we could do an end run around this issue by simply sending an invitation to anyone who has not confirmed.

Therefore, basic groups de facto have the ability to confirm new subs via this workaround. I am requesting that basic groups be given that permission/ability explicitly, via a "confirm member" button, rather than having to do the workaround. We can do it anyway. Please just make it easier.

Thanks.