moderated NC members receiving group guidelines #bug

My understanding is that NC members can't receive or send group messages until they are confirmed, even if their membership has been approved. Yet according to the logs, NC approved members are receiving the group guidelines. It is impossible to tell whether they are also receiving the welcome message, since the email delivery history shows only the last delivery. But if they are receiving either or both of these, it will lead them to think they're in the group when they're actually not. So if they are intentionally being sent the GG and/or welcome message, I think that should be changed. If they are unintentionally being sent these, then that's a bug.