moderated Re: Mark in the time of COVID-19 #misc

Ellen Moody

Very sorry your child has contracted the flu, Mark, strong hopes and wishes he will soon be better and you and your family stay well. Here is a little Gilbert and Sullivan cheer to brighten our early morning (it is early morning on the east coast of the US):

Seen on face-book:

I am the very model of effective social distancing!
I listen to the experts on the topic of resistance-ing;
I know that brunch and yoga class aren’t nearly as imperative
As doing what I can to change the nation’s viral narrative.

I’m very well acquainted, too, with living solitarily
And confident that everyone can do it temporarily:
Go take a walk, or ride a bike, or dig into an unread book;
Avoid the bars and restaurants and carry out, or learn to cook.

There’s lots of stuff to watch online while keeping safe from sinus ills
(In this case, it’s far better to enjoy your Netflix MINUS chills)!
Adopt a pet, compose a ballad, write some earnest doggerel,
And help demolish Trump before our next event inaugural.

Pandemics are alarming, but they aren’t insurmountable
If everybody pitches in to hold ourselves accountable.
In short, please do your part to practice prudent co-existence-ing,
And be the very model of effective social distancing!

(Credit unknown)

Ellen Moody

On Mon, Mar 16, 2020 at 7:38 PM Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:
Hi All,

Just a quick note that, like I'm sure with all of you, my productivity is taking a hit right now. Amongst all the craziness, our kids' school is closed for at least 3 weeks, and we're also dealing one of them having (hopefully only) the flu. Customer support/responses to beta@/development work will all be slowed for the foreseeable future.