moderated Re: Emails auto-forwarded from yahoo mbox to group loose their original From: header #bug

Jim Avera

On Mon, Mar 16, 2020 at 11:03 AM, Duane wrote:
  On Mon, Mar 16, 2020 at 12:38 PM, Jim Avera wrote:
     But ANY message from any user gets posted.
Another but, only if they have the specific email address assigned to the integration.  Highly unlikely that someone would accidentally create that address.
The point is we have an *existing* email address used to "send messages to the list" (in the old system), and I want messages sent there to go out in the new GIO list.  But only if the sender is authorized to post (this screening function used to be performed by a human, and now is supposed to be automatic with GIO).

The existing email is not secret.  So the original sender MUST be validated before posting messages received via that original posting mbox.

P.S. I don't see any way to "assign to the integration" our existing email address.  The only option I see is to generate a new email address of the form groupname+int+gobbledegook@groups.io and forward our existing mbox to that.  Which defeats all posting security AFAICT.   If I'm missing something here please reply -- I don't understand how the "email integration" can be very useful for announce-only groups.  Thanks.