moderated Markdown lines that end with a \ are not hard wrapped #bug

Christopher Warrington

The Markdown message editor says that it's using GitHub flavored Markdown.
(Current version at [1].) I'm not sure if it's using an older version, has
some missing features, or has a bug here.

The following Markdown paragraph should be rendered across at least three
lines, as I'm using a backslash to indicate a hard line break [2].

This is the first line.\
And here is the second.\
Now the third.

When I put that into the message editor and click preview, I get a message
that has all three lines run together with the slashes in the middle. Sort
of like this:

This is the first line.\ And here is the second.\ Now the third.

The two spaces variant of a hard line break renders across three lines as I
expected.

I've not explicitly tested the Wiki editor.

[1]: https://github.github.com/gfm/
[2]: https://github.github.com/gfm/#hard-line-break

--
Christopher W. <lists@...>