moderated Re: Member list search errors and inconsistencies #bug

On Wed, Mar 11, 2020 at 1:10 AM Andy Wedge <andy_wedge@...> wrote:
On Tue, Mar 10, 2020 at 04:44 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
It appears that repeating characters are getting collapsed/ignored. Search on harrrrrr and you'll get the same results.
OK. That sort covers one aspect and I can see that searching for harrrrr gives me the same results as harr. Collapsing/ignoring repeated characters may explain why when searching for harr I get the name Richard in the results.  It does not explain the results when I search for jone which has no repeating characters.  In this case, I see numerous members with the surname Jones but also several that do not contain those consecutive letters in either name nor email address.

Until I come up with a better solution, you can surround your query with quotes and that will provide an exact match only (ie. "jone").