moderated Re: Messages with a hashtag using the Special attribute not sent as Special #bug

Chris Jones

On Tue, Mar 10, 2020 at 06:30 PM, Andy Wedge wrote:
That's a big help for us as my co-owner and I want certain messages written by others on our club Committee to go as special messages.
Having spent some time thinking about this I am fairly certain that what you want can easily be achieved without Mark changing anything, depending perhaps on exactly how many "non-moderators" you want to be able to post #Announcements sent as Special Notices. There are (on the face of it) 2 possible approaches.

Option 1 is to make those individuals you want to be able to do the above Moderators, but without any of the "member management" permissions. That would enable them to use the moderator - only hashtags and send special notices when appropriate.

Option 2 is to have two announcement tags; #Owner_Announcement which would remain as Use by Mods Only, and #Announcement which would be available to ordinary members. #Announcement would be configured as (a) Messages with this tag will be sent as special notices, and (b) Messages with this hashtag will be moderated. This option would result in any message so tagged needing to be checked by a genuine moderator who could ensure that the feature was not being in any way misused before releasing it.

For the record I have tested Option 2 on a test group to which I have access and it seems to work perfectly well. :)

Chris