moderated Re: Problem with Time Change for Digest #bug

On Wed, Mar 4, 2020 at 11:47 AM Ann Wild via Groups.Io <annlwild=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
In a recent change, Mark wrote, "Now, we force a digest to be created at 6AM local time for each subscriber, based on their timezone...."  That, however, is not happening for us in the EST time zone.  The last three digests we have gotten have been time-stamped after 9 AM EST, which appears they were sent out on PST time, not EST local time.

Please check to make sure that your timezone is set to EST. You can do that through the Preferences page in your Account.

Prior to the change, the digest that was sent out at 10:30 PST would be time-stamped for us around 3:40 AM EST, which was 5, not 3, hours ahead. I never figured that out given that individual messages are always posted intermediately.
_._,_._,_
It was arriving around 3:40 AM EST because the process that forced digest generation was taking hours to complete (it started at 10:30PM PST). Switching to this new system, along with a bunch of optimizations I did means that digests should go out pretty close to on the hour that they're forced.