moderated Re: Missing Digest #bug

Duane

On Thu, Feb 27, 2020 at 05:48 PM, Ann Wild wrote:
Yesterday (Wednesday) we got an early digest because we were busy at 8:36 PM EST, but we never received the 3 AM digest on Thursday morning.  We always get that early AM digest.  Instead, just now we got a digest at 6:07 PM EST, which included the messages that should have been sent out early this morning.  This is the first time this has happened.
Probably by design.  It sounds to me like you may not understand how the digests work.  Not everyone will get a digest at the same time.  It all depends on which messages they choose to receive in it (first, following, etc.)  Someone that chooses to only get the first message of each topic may only get the 'forced' digest.  Someone that chooses to receive all messages may get 2 or 3 digests in the same time frame.  It's also been stated that there's a timing function so that if someone has received a digest recently, another one won't be sent at the (current) 10:30 pm PST job (though 'recently' hasn't been defined as far as I know.)  The only way to be sure you get all messages at some known time is to receive all individual messages.  Then you should receive them shortly after they are posted.  Mark has mentioned previously that he may change the 'force' time, but hasn't so far.  Even that won't change the fact that you may not get a digest at a specific time.