moderated Search Function - Search Options Available From All Pages #suggestion

Bill Hazel

Situation:
The Search function is different depending on which page your on.
Target:
A standardized Search interface across the platform.
Proposal:
I suggest that the initial Search function be:
  • Standardized across all pages, with the search box located in the top right-hand corner
    • Less confusing for new users
  • A drop-down menu with the different choices (See below for a quick and dirty sample)
    • There could be a whole conversation about what to include
    • Default could be with current page at top of list and/or the only source searched if nothing is picked, I'm not a coder so I have no idea what's involved with this.
      • List could be multiple choice with Control key but that would probably be labor intensive.
I understand that depending on the source being searched that there are differences in how the information is displayed. I think I'd keep the Message search result options, especially if Messages were included in the search.