locked Re: Is it better for the home screen to be group details or an archive of previous messages?

Judy F.

Chris, Yahoo Groups  allows you to see a few messages on the About page when you access the group.  From there you can then select the option you want.  Maybe if something similar to that could be set up.  

I want my potential members to be able to access the group, read about it to see if it is suitable to their needs and then join or not join. 

Currently Yahoo Groups has various options that can be set on how you view conversations, photos, etc.  I would think if members had an option to select where they want to appear when they access the group is better than forcing all members to see conversations.  Again, since there is such a variety of groups, there needs to be more options so each member can see what they want when they access the group. 

Judy F.

SW Florida - USA

Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2014 5:03 AM
To: beta@groups.io
Subject: [beta] Is it better for the home screen to be group details or an archive of previous messages?

I wonder if people would be more likely to join a group if the messages were displayed first, rather than the group information page, once the group has a few messages.

Additionally, seeing that page each time you come back to the group probably is less useful given that you are more likely to want to see the messages, then the group information that you've seen fifty times before.

Join main@beta.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.