moderated Re: "Pending Message" notification that could be clicked on to delete it. #suggestion

Yes, that would need to be added. And that’s the feature that I requested originally, and which I think would be the most useful, since currently, web posters have no record of a pending message. I requested that feature nearly a year ago. All of which, combined, is why I said at nearly the top of this thread that the feature would require fairly massive changes to the UI, just in the service of letting the sender change their mind.
I would still press for giving senders a copy (either via web or email) of their web-posted pending messages. The rest seems to have diminishing returns, but I certainly wouldn’t object to any of it.

On Feb 21, 2020, at 6:49 AM, JohnF via Groups.Io <johnf1686=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

On Fri, Feb 21, 2020 at 03:04 AM, J_Catlady wrote:
How is that possible if the member has posted via the web, since the sender
can't see the pending message and has no access to it whatsoever?
As part of the change, a feature would need to be added to show a web-using member the list of posts pending approval to which moderation comments could be attached. (Moderators could even use this feature to attach comments for other moderators to pending messages.)

For members using mail, they couldn't just reply to their own mail out of the sent box, as Groups.io couldn't tell the difference between that being a moderation comment or a new message reply. So, there'd either need to be a "Your message is being moderated" notice sent that could be replied to to add comments, or we could decide that this feature is little-used enough that a mail user could just send a generic to-the-moderators email not attached to a specific message (which can be done now).

JohnF