moderated Re: "Pending Message" notification that could be clicked on to delete it. #suggestion

On Thu, Feb 20, 2020 at 11:48 PM, Shal Farley wrote:
How about a way to attach a note to the moderator for a message
that's > pending approval?

I like that, if it is kept minimal, like the text box for entering a reason for an edit.
How is that possible if the member has posted via the web, since the sender can't see the pending message and has no access to it whatsoever?