moderated Re: "Pending Message" notification that could be clicked on to delete it. #suggestion

On Thu, Feb 20, 2020 at 11:39 PM, Shal Farley wrote:
If you mean "hard at work writing a rejection note" that's the situation I was addressing recently (#24214); editing a message already claims it.
Yes, if your "claimed" feature is implemented, that could possibly be a way out of the dilemma, as mentioned.

What if instead of actually deleting the message, the member's Delete request operates more like a kind of claim.

Yes, that's what I had in mind. Whoever gets to the message first (sender or mod) stops the other from affecting it one way or the other, no matter what you call it. Calling it "claimed" by the sender works fine. However, I'm not sure about the logistics of blocking approval and rejection via email. It seems you still have the problem that the moderator may start working on the message, and only after finishing and attempting to send the approval or rejection do they find out that the member has "claimed" (i.e., deleted) the message. So unless I'm missing something, the basic problem still remains if the mod is working by email.