moderated Re: Remove the ID column in databases #suggestion

Nina Eppes

I would love to be able to permanently hide the ID column, which I don't use in my database table of chorus members.

If the ID column is hidden, would tables still be sorted by ID number by default? When I add a new member to my table, they get assigned the next sequential ID number. By default, the table is sorted by ID number, so new members appear at the end. However, I prefer to sort my table by the Last Name column, and whenever I add new members, I have to click the Last Name column to see all the members in alphabetical order by last name. Would it be possible to designate a default column to sort by if the ID column is hidden?

- Nina