moderated Re: Change DMARC behavior for p=none #misc

Michael Halstead

This would frustrate our users who receive software patches via the project's mailing list.

Git takes patch author information from e-mail headers. Right now we have git hooks in place on the server to prevent munged author information from reaching the repositories. Our maintainers have to fix author information before pushing code. Right now our maintainers only have to do that for a few senders. This change would mean fixing that information for every patch.

It is not easy to automate fixing author information given the many unique workflows used by our maintainers. Having correct header information, when possible, is very desirable.
--
Michael Halstead