moderated Re: Change DMARC behavior for p=none #misc

On Thu, Feb 20, 2020 at 03:22 AM, Mark Fletcher wrote:

Right now, we munge the From line of messages for people who have DMARC
records of p=reject or p=quarantine. We do not do that for people who have
DMARC records of p=none. I propose changing that so that we also munge From
lines for people with DMARC records of p=none. Recently, several people have
contacted support about this, and I think this change makes things more
straightforward.

Please let me know if you have any objections or questions.
I'm objecting to this. This would munge From for everybody. It'd be disruptive, and for what? What's the sense? p=none means no rejection. People (including me) make DMARC records with p=none in the belief that some large receivers consider messages passing DMARC as less likely spam, but we don't want the DMARC disruption, so p=none is deliberate and permanent.

Please give examples of problems because of p=none.

--
Lena