moderated Re: Remove the ID column in databases #suggestion

Charles Roberts

I agree.  Many times I put it on the right side and hide it from my user.....but it's nice to know it's always there when I want it.

On Feb 20, 2020 2:23 PM, "Alex Stone via Groups.Io" <alexstone87@...> wrote:
Sorry to be a boring old programmer, but I’ve always found it useful to have an Id column in a database.

On 20 Feb 2020, at 17:11, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:

Hi All,

In each database, there is an ID column, assigned automatically, starting from 1 and monotonically increasing for each row. It seems that this column leads to some confusion, especially for databases that are edited frequently.

I'm thinking that maybe I should remove that row? Opinions?