moderated Re: Change DMARC behavior for p=none #misc

Dave Sergeant

Another thought. Currently plain text versions of group mails do not
contain the 'reply to sender' option in the footer, only in the html
version if it exists. If this is to be implemented can we add 'reply to
sender' to the footers in these messages as well please.

Dave

On 20 Feb 2020 at 6:49, Dave Sergeant wrote:

My objection would be that it makes it more difficult for people to
reply directly to sender from email. OK, I know there is a 'reply to
sender' at the bottom of the mail but many don't see this. I constantly
get queries as to why a person's email bounces but it is clearly there
in the 'from' line, although munged and they have to edit it to the not
quite obvious correct one. I know how to do this, but many can't work it
out.

At the moment it is good that groups.io doesn't do it for everybody like
Yahoo did (with its slightly easier to d-munge version). I can see why
Mark has to do it but it is unfortunate it has to be extended.

http://davesergeant.com