moderated Re: Change DMARC behavior for p=none #misc

Dave Sergeant

My objection would be that it makes it more difficult for people to
reply directly to sender from email. OK, I know there is a 'reply to
sender' at the bottom of the mail but many don't see this. I constantly
get queries as to why a person's email bounces but it is clearly there
in the 'from' line, although munged and they have to edit it to the not
quite obvious correct one. I know how to do this, but many can't work
it out.

At the moment it is good that groups.io doesn't do it for everybody
like Yahoo did (with its slightly easier to d-munge version). I can see
why Mark has to do it but it is unfortunate it has to be extended.

Dave

On 19 Feb 2020 at 17:19, Mark Fletcher wrote:

Hi All,

Right now, we munge the From line of messages for people who have DMARC
records of p=reject or p=quarantine. We do not do that for people who
have DMARC records of p=none. I propose changing that so that we also
munge From lines for people with DMARC records of p=none. Recently,
several people have contacted support about this, and I think this
change makes things more straightforward.

Please let me know if you have any objections or questions.

http://davesergeant.com