moderated Re: "Pending Message" notification that could be clicked on to delete it. #suggestion

How about a way to attach a note to the moderator for a message that's pending approval? It would only be seen by a moderator who is able to approve the pending message. Then the original author could note, "I found out the answer to my question, so this message doesn't have to be posted," and the moderator could decide to reject it to reduce clutter, or could approve it anyway if he/she thinks it would be helpful to others.

JohnF