moderated Re: Restrict "Set Moderator Privileges" Permission #suggestion #done

On Sun, Feb 16, 2020 at 11:57 AM, Chris Jones wrote:
I said take away the moderators, not take away the moderation! In other words if the moderators didn't answer the questions then many questions would be either unanswered or perhaps answered incompletely or even incorrectly.
I think that's because mostly, the people in GMF rather than beta are not as knowledgeable about the product (pretty much by definition - they are sent to GMF rather than beta to ask their basic help questions). So they simply don't have the capability to answer others' questions. It's not that they are ungenerous. And while it's true that most of the moderators in GMF are more knowledgeable than most of the rank-and-file members, they don't need to be moderators, or to moderate (in whatever "moderation style" GMF has decided on), to be knowledgeable. It's their knowledge and familiarity with groups.io, rather than the fact that they are moderators, that you would not want to take away.