moderated Re: Restrict "Set Moderator Privileges" Permission #suggestion #done

Charles Roberts

I would appreciate if someone could explain the rationale to me that would make it reasonable for any Moderator to be able to demote any Owner, (or any Moderator senior to them).

Chuck

On Feb 15, 2020 8:06 PM, Duane <txpigeon@...> wrote:
On Sat, Feb 15, 2020 at 06:10 PM, txercoupemuseum.org wrote:
A moderator will all other owner powers can keep a group functional indefinitely.
Incorrect as of now.  If that moderator can't give someone else moderator status, it would only last as long as that moderator did - end of group.  Many of us don't see it as a "time bomb" since we've got co-owners.  It's worked fine the way it is for over 5 years.  Any change would need to be well thought out and consider the consequences of the action.  My preference is to not change anything, but I wouldn't have a problem if an additional permission were required for a moderator to demote an owner.