moderated Re: Restrict "Set Moderator Privileges" Permission #suggestion #done

ro-esp

On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 05:50 PM, J_Catlady wrote:

On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 04:25 PM, ro-esp wrote:

IMHO a moderator should have the power to appoint a successor.
Well yes, and, er, no. If it is necessary to appoint a successor then that
ought really to be a collaborative decision taken by all the managers of a
group, not just the person who is standing down.
If you substitute the word "owner" in the ro-esp message, which is what I
think(?) was meant there
No, that's not what I meant. If someone with the title of moderator is doing all the work, but has to go away for a while, (s)he needs to be able to promote someone to *moderator*. If the *owner* is missing, appointing a new one requires intervention by support@groups.io , and I don't want any time-pressure on that.

As to "collaborative decision taken by all the managers"... no, I don't necessarily agree with that. I think the GROUP can have a vote on it if it disagrees with a decision of a moderator/owner.

An owner *should* have the power to uniquely appoint a successor.
Yes, of course an owner should be able to bestow the title of (co- / vice-) owner upon somebody. Most of the discussion is about who has the right to TAKE IT AWAY.

Maybe nobody except the owner him/herself should have the right to demote an owner (crazy stuff I haven found the word for excluded)

groetjes/ĝis, Ronaldo