moderated Re: Restrict "Set Moderator Privileges" Permission #suggestion #done

On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 08:43 AM, Chris Jones wrote:
On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 04:25 PM, ro-esp wrote:
IMHO a moderator should have the power to appoint a successor.
Well yes, and, er, no. If it is necessary to appoint a successor then that ought really to be a collaborative decision taken by all the managers of a group, not just the person who is standing down.

If you substitute the word "owner" in the ro-esp message, which is what I think(?) was meant there, then I agree with that. An owner *should* have the power to uniquely appoint a successor. This is *not* and should never be a "collaborative decision." And even if the original post meant "moderator," I also think it's not a collaborative decision; it is, again, and I think should be, the unique decision of the owner.