moderated Re: Restrict "Set Moderator Privileges" Permission #suggestion #done

ro-esp

On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 07:27 AM, Shal Farley wrote:

I'll amend my prior message to add concurrence with what I believe is
Michael's point: a moderator should not be able to remove an owner
regardless of the moderator's permissions or the number of owners.
I think there's a lot of consensus here, but not quite the right wording yet. Let me give it a shot: someone with the title of *moderator* should not be able to demote or remove someone with the title of *owner*. Even a co-owner/vice-owner should not be able to singlehandedly demote an owner. Someone with the title "moderator" should not be able to singlehandedly promote someone else to owner. IMHO a moderator should have the power to appoint a successor.

I'm not going into any unpleasantness that could arise due to people changing group settings here for now.

groetjes, Ronaldo