moderated Re: use either User Name or Display Name consistently in banning/banned list and removal/past members list #suggestion

J,

On Mon, Feb 10, 2020 at 12:03 PM J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:
Banning activity and the banned members list show the member under their User Name in the first column, but removal and the past members list show the Display Name there. You can see that in this removed/banned member's activity log, gleaned from the banned members list (this will be accessible only to Mark):
https://groups.io/g/Feline_Smallcell_Lymphoma/activity?p=Created,sub&subid=7710274

The second from the top line says that I removed X, but the top line says that I banned Y. Which is not big deal, because the email address is the same, and these are consecutive in the log.

All log lines are using the display name. Here's what happened in your case: When that person subscribed to your group, either you or they changed the Display Name associated with them for your group. That's on the subscription record (ie it's unique to your group and not to all the groups she may be subscribed to). You removed her from your group, which deleted that subscription record, along with the 'customized' display name. You then later banned her. We no longer had the 'customized' display name, so we used her default display name, which is what you see in the Banned activity log.