moderated Re: Default database view #suggestion #done

On Mon, Feb 10, 2020 at 12:02 PM Chris Smith via Groups.Io <chris=comgw.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:
It would be really useful to be able to set a default visibility on database columns.
Perhaps the column width could accept -1 to make the column invisible?

We have a use case where we want to store a HTML page, but when you view the rows it looks a mess, as the entire HTML page is being displayed. Being able to make this column invisible in the row by row list of entries, and it's only viewable when you click on the row to view the individual record would be great.

While I don't have an opinion one way or another on default visibility, would it not make more sense to address whether there needs to be a new/proper way to display an entire HTML page stored in a database? Are other people storing entire HTML pages in the database? Should I change how the HTML paragraph column type behaves?