moderated Re: More mod-permission granularity #suggestion

On Sun, Feb 9, 2020 at 01:22 PM, Bob Bellizzi wrote:

In our groups we have people who are really well versed in the diseases we cover and can answer questions about them in very helpful ways. They are not necessarily the ones who are good at or enjoy doing group administrative jobs like moderation, admitting new members, etc.
I'm responding to this since the suggestion originally posted on canny was mine: That's not really what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the ability to view/access certain things or not, with Member Notes being a prime example. I generally don't want all moderators to see the Notes, which may contain personal or confidential information. Etc. I'm not talking about filtering message content from moderators, which is what you seem to be alluding to here? Just specific groups.io pages, etc. And you also seem to be simply distinguishing here between moderators and non-moderators, rather than what abilities and permissions certain moderators can have as opposed to others. So I really don't understand this comment.

--
J

Messages are the sole opinion of the author, especially the fishy ones.
My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together. - Desmond Tutu

Join main@beta.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.