moderated Re: More mod-permission granularity #suggestion

Charles Roberts

What he said.....and NO promoted person should be able to oust the original owner.

On Feb 9, 2020 4:22 PM, Bob Bellizzi <cdfexec@...> wrote:
On Sun, Feb 9, 2020 at 06:46 AM, ro-esp wrote:
What good is a moderator who can't approve or reject messages, and can't put abusers on moderated?
What good is a moderator who cannot be reached off-list?
There are lots of non-technical, non-administrative jobs that could use the some of the information that moderators may see but that don't require some of the other privileges/ abilities that are currently tied together with the individual abilities that would, at the same time, allow a level of ability not necessary.

In our groups we have people who are really well versed in the diseases we cover and can answer questions about them in very helpful ways. They are not necessarily the ones who are good at or enjoy doing group administrative jobs like moderation, admitting new members, etc.

Further granularity would allow us to isolate specific abilities and information flow to maximize what differently tasked moderators are able to do and what information the receive to best do their tasks.

--

Bob Bellizzi