moderated Re: Site updates #changelog
On 7 Feb 2020 at 20:00, Mark Fletcher wrote:
Changes to the site this week:- CHANGE: Standardized on the term `member`; we used `subscriber` and `user` previously. Several
tweaks to the group settings page. Changed NuM to NMM.
- INTERNAL: Much work to support moving from Elasticsearch 5 to Elasticsearch 7, including
optimizations for full reindexing.
- BUGFIX: Introduced and then fixed a bug that caused errors when trying to join a subgroup.
- CHANGE: The text when creating a group said that new members would be NuM 2, but the group was
created with NuM 1. All new groups are now created with NuM 2.
- API: Removed `sub_group_access` from `/creategroup` endpoint.
- CHANGE: Removed the Create Subgroups dropdown when creating a new group since subgroups are now a
- INTERNAL: Switched from one SSL certificate for all enterprise domains, to individual certs for
- BUGFIX: Changed how we sort messages in the Messages/Expanded messages view to use message created
date instead of object date, to account for groups that had messages imported that were not strictly
date ordered (or that already had messages in the archives).
- NEW: Rate limiting joining groups and other things to help detect/prevent the `mass subscription`
attacks we were seeing this week.
Isn't the second CHANGE in contradiction to the first?
http://jimellame.tumblr.com - My thoughts on freedom (needs updating)
http://jimella.wordpress.com - political snippets, especially economic policy
http://jimella.livejournal.com - misc. snippets, some political, some not
Forget Google! I search with https://duckduckgo.com which doesn't spy on you