moderated Re: Site updates #changelog

On 7 Feb 2020 at 20:00, Mark Fletcher wrote:

Changes to the site this week:
- CHANGE: Standardized on the term `member`; we used `subscriber` and `user` previously. Several
tweaks to the group settings page. Changed NuM to NMM.
- INTERNAL: Much work to support moving from Elasticsearch 5 to Elasticsearch 7, including
optimizations for full reindexing.
- BUGFIX: Introduced and then fixed a bug that caused errors when trying to join a subgroup.
- CHANGE: The text when creating a group said that new members would be NuM 2, but the group was
created with NuM 1. All new groups are now created with NuM 2.
- API: Removed `sub_group_access` from `/creategroup` endpoint.
- CHANGE: Removed the Create Subgroups dropdown when creating a new group since subgroups are now a
premium feature.
- INTERNAL: Switched from one SSL certificate for all enterprise domains, to individual certs for
each domain.
- BUGFIX: Changed how we sort messages in the Messages/Expanded messages view to use message created
date instead of object date, to account for groups that had messages imported that were not strictly
date ordered (or that already had messages in the archives).
- NEW: Rate limiting joining groups and other things to help detect/prevent the `mass subscription`
attacks we were seeing this week.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Mark
Isn't the second CHANGE in contradiction to the first?

Jim Fisher

--
http://jimellame.tumblr.com - My thoughts on freedom (needs updating)