Changes to the site this week:
- CHANGE: Standardized on the term
member; we used
user previously. Several tweaks to the group settings page. Changed NuM to NMM.
- INTERNAL: Much work to support moving from Elasticsearch 5 to Elasticsearch 7, including optimizations for full reindexing.
- BUGFIX: Introduced and then fixed a bug that caused errors when trying to join a subgroup.
- CHANGE: The text when creating a group said that new members would be NuM 2, but the group was created with NuM 1. All new groups are now created with NuM 2.
- API: Removed
- CHANGE: Removed the Create Subgroups dropdown when creating a new group since subgroups are now a premium feature.
- INTERNAL: Switched from one SSL certificate for all enterprise domains, to individual certs for each domain.
- BUGFIX: Changed how we sort messages in the Messages/Expanded messages view to use message created date instead of object date, to account for groups that had messages imported that were not strictly date ordered (or that already had messages in the archives).
- NEW: Rate limiting joining groups and other things to help detect/prevent the
mass subscription attacks we were seeing this week.
Have a good weekend everyone.