moderated Re: sbcglobal.net blocking us #update

West Coast Compañeros Staff

Mark & All,

I just received this message from AT&T in response to the complaint I lodged yesterday (2/6/20). I also gave all my AT&T users (att.net, sbcglobal.net, pacbell.net, etc.) some boilerplate text to use to send their own complaints and shared it also with the GMF group. (See https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum/message/29053.) I hope AT&T removes the block sooner than 24-48 hours, but I'm glad that they are at least responsive to our complaints. (I've munged the abuse_rbl e-mail address below.)

Robert R.

Thank you for contacting the AT&T Postmaster.

The mail-server IP address(es) associated with your request will be removed from the block list within 24-48 hours from the date of this letter.  AT&T and its affiliates do NOT intentionally block legitimate mail in the course of our anti-spam initiatives and regret any inconvenience this may have caused.  If the IP that was recently blocked begins to exhibit the characteristics of a compromised network object or is compromised by an offender of Acceptable Use Policies, the IP address will be blocked again.

ADMINISTRATORS:  Please thoroughly check your IP logs before requesting removal.  You must determine that all traffic from the blocked IP is actually from your mail servers to ensure your network is not compromised.  Administrators who fail to do this may experience subsequent and more resolute blocking.

Thank you for helping AT&T Internet Services network combat spam in all its forms.

Regards,

AT&T Postmaster
Chief Security Organization
abuse_rbl@ abuse-att.net