moderated Re: Need for Better Quality Photo Viewing #done

Duane

On Thu, Feb 6, 2020 at 10:10 AM, epiplan wrote:
There must have been, originally, a reason to do this, I'd guess to do with bandwidth, but is that reason still valid with today's superfast optical broadband, 5G, unlimited data contracts and cheap data storage?
It's been this way for almost 5 years, https://beta.groups.io/g/main/message/2366  You may have an unlimited, high-speed connection, but not everyone does, including me.  You also need to remember that GIO has to serve these images, so that could be part of the concern.  I'd rather that pictures be a bit distorted in the view mode than to have serious delays when reading/responding to messages.  If I need more detail, which I seldom do, I just select Download.