moderated Re: A 554 Bounce code not recognized as bouncing on first occurrence #bug #fixed

John et al,

I'd already started a separate topic for the multiple "is bouncing" entries bug. I just posted an update in it, but I'll repeat quickly here and then move over there from now on: After an account is marked as Bouncing, the system stops sending group emails to it. The subsequent multiple "is bouncing" log entries I/we are seeing are due to bounce probes themselves bouncing. If I recall the ancient history correctly (and I may not), bouncing of bounce probes themselves did not used to be tracked/logged. And as long as they weren't, the "is bouncing" trigger did not have to be checked for subsequent messages, because there were none. But with the probes themselves being tracked by the bounce system, I think the trigger should be calmed to not activate for a bounce probe message.