moderated Re: A 554 Bounce code not recognized as bouncing on first occurrence #bug #fixed

On Wed, Feb 5, 2020 at 02:30 PM, JediPirx wrote:
Why did GIO not flag these 10 users/email addresses last year ?
I do not know.
Because the conditions back then for setting a member to "bouncing" were not satisfied. You need either a hard bounce, or at least one soft bounce within every consecutive four consecutive days after the first soft bounce, plus at least four soft bounces total, for the member to be flagged as bouncing. Those are all 554.30 codes in what you posted, and they did not (until the recent bug fix) count as a hard bounce. So you needed other condition. Looking quickly through the dates in your example (and bear in mind I'm looking quickly), it does not seem that the bouncing dates conditions were satisfied.

If the above were to happen today, the member would be set to "bouncing" because 554 now qualifies as a hard bounce and you would not need all those date conditions.