moderated Re: A 554 Bounce code not recognized as bouncing on first occurrence #bug #fixed

John Pearce

Are these from Yahoo and does is say 554.30 This mailbox is disabled?  Remember this bounce code from yahoo indicates that the yahoo account has not been used for at least 1 year.  So any bounces previous to the fix did not show up in the bouncing member list as the frequency of once a month was not enough to trigger bounce processing.  Then the frequency is reset because there were not enough bounces within a few days.  So they would never have gotten the blue "B" in the first place.  That is the change, that they show up with a blue B now and are placed in actual bounce status where before they did not.  You should give us some cut and pastes so we can see what you are seeing.  Here is what I get for a member.  Note on the 1st there are two.  One for the message and one for the bounce probe.  The member activity log and the group activity log both match what you see below.

Feb 4 Bounce probe mta6.am0.yahoodns.net: 554 delivery error: dd Sorry, your message to xyz@... cannot be delivered. This mailbox is disabled (554.30). - mta4045.mail.bf1.yahoo.com
Feb 1 Bounce probe mta6.am0.yahoodns.net: 554 delivery error: dd Sorry, your message to xyz@... cannot be delivered. This mailbox is disabled (554.30). - mta4153.mail.ne1.yahoo.com
Feb 1 [maganak] Group Guidelines mta7.am0.yahoodns.net: 554 delivery error: dd Sorry, your message to xyz@... cannot be delivered. This mailbox is disabled (554.30). - mta4277.mail.bf1.yahoo.com