moderated Re: A 554 Bounce code not recognized as bouncing on first occurrence #bug #fixed

The group activity log. That’s where bouncing accounts are logged, even when they’ve bounced a messsge from another group. I’m thinking this bounce-handler bug is showing up now for the first time only because the 554 bug was fixed, which caused one-time special-notice guideline bounced messages to cause accounts to be marked blue B, which causes log entries for every group they’re in to be logged in every other group they’re in. Because all auto-sent guidelines are sent on the 1st of the month, you would now (for the first time, because of the fixed bug) see multiple log entries for a single member on the same day. If this is what happened, the bounce handler bug existed before but was only made manifest since the 554 bug was fixed. If all of this is correct, the bug is thst it creates a log entry that a member is bouncing when the member already has a blue B in the group.

On Feb 5, 2020, at 12:59 AM, Chris Jones via Groups.Io <chrisjones12@...> wrote:

On Wed, Feb 5, 2020 at 06:59 AM, J_Catlady wrote:
I wonder, Chris, whether you also have some duplicate log entries as well, like my group does for the one bouncing special-notice member.
I'm not currently aware of any "anomalies" but I'll have a closer look later; for the moment other off - line activities have to take precedence!

In the meantime when you say "logged" do you mean in Activity or in the individual member's Email Delivery History?

Chris