moderated Re: A 554 Bounce code not recognized as bouncing on first occurrence #bug #fixed

I wonder now whether the multiple log entries originated from other groups in which the member is *also* bouncing. The guidelines notice goes out on the 1st in every group every member is in. The system logs "x is bouncing" for every message in every group the member is in, according to what I remember.  So it makes sense that if the member is in four groups, four messages bounced on the same day - one for each group's guidelines message (even though only one was from mine). Maybe the guidelines go out at different times of day depending on the time zone? I'm just guessing here.

If this is the issue, I would change the bounce handler so that if the member is already bouncing (i.e., blue B), no further log entries would be triggered for that member (unless, of course, they unbounce in between).