moderated Re: A 554 Bounce code not recognized as bouncing on first occurrence #bug #fixed

Duane

On Tue, Feb 4, 2020 at 07:05 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
Not so sure about this "fix." In my group there were no less than FOUR "xyz is bouncing via system" log entries on Feb 1 for the same member
I'd bet that none of them were 554 codes which is the one (#bug) described in this topic.  My guess is that the first couple of bounces were either indeterminate hard bounces or soft bounces.  That triggered the bounce handling system which has decided to send bounce probes.  The one on Feb 4 also bounced.

As noted on the Help page, some codes may not be well defined.  GIO treats them as soft bounces to do the least damage, thus multiple entries in the Activity log.  I'd only see them there by accident since I check Bouncing in the Email Delivery History of the Member.