moderated Re: A 554 Bounce code not recognized as bouncing on first occurrence #bug #fixed

Chris Jones

On Thu, Jan 23, 2020 at 03:08 PM, John Pearce wrote:
What I found is that a 554.30 mail box disabled is not seen as a hard bounce and will not trigger groups.io to process the member as bouncing.
As rather suggested by Mark's "fixed" hashtag this problem has been, er, fixed. "Our" Monthly Message goes out as a Special Notice on the 1st of every month and the outcome was that about 72 new bouncers have been listed. I haven't checked every one but those I have checked were all on Special Notice deliveries and their recorded bounces were all listed... one per month.

Definitely a better way of doing things, so thanks to John for raising the matter and thanks to Mark for the prompt fix.

Another clear - out looms...

Chris