moderated Re: Hide Email Addresses In Archives fails to mask email addresses in Display Names #bug

On Sun, Feb 2, 2020 at 11:21 AM, Shal Farley wrote:

In my use case the Display Name shown is the part of the From field that came before the < which delimits the email address proper.
Shal, I think that's correct and that my statement that groups.io harvests and uses the email address as the display name is wrong. I think it harvests, as you reference here, the name that comes before the actual email address. However, if that's the case, then I don't understand why the actual email addresses are showing as the display names for your non-member posters. So I will take a (possibly temporary;) break from this thread until I understand the issue.