moderated Re: Reply to Options #suggestion

On Fri, Jan 31, 2020 at 11:50 AM, outlawmws wrote:
I never noticed it down on the corner like that so it's not intuitive
I totally agree that it's hard to find. There was a long debate over allowing an explicit "PM" (or whatever you want to call it) button that appears contemporaneously with the Reply button, rather than seeing it only after hitting Reply and having to peek down at the right corner.

That said, "Reply to OP" would be incorrect/misleading terminology, because the Private button does not cause you to reply to the OP of the thread. You're only replying to the person under whose message you reply to.

So in thinking about it, perhaps this it not what you're asking for. The only way to reply privately now to the OP is to go to the first message in the topic and do a private reply below that specific message.