moderated Re: suggested change to use hashtag to control sending megs #suggestion

ro-esp

On Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 11:05 PM, Ken Kloeber wrote:

  the message would be turned around
what does that mean?
It means that your email to a group doesn't get delivered directly to members.
then why send it?

GIO is an email bounce service
I don't think so. If I send a message to a group, I want it to be forwarded, not bounced back

-- A very busy Nome inside reads
your message and types it out onto another piece of paper and mails it to
members (opposed to reading the message on the website GUI.)
Do you mean gnome?

My suggestion is that a #TAG in the email subject could be used to set
(determine) which members the message is sent to.
So any subscriber would have to visit a list of allowed hashtags and pick which ones to (not) follow?
Sounds like it makes sense. I have no experience with hashtags, and don't know how they are used in groups.io now

groetjes/ĝis, Ronaldo