moderated Re: Message # not working #bug

On Sun, Jan 26, 2020 at 1:45 PM sarah abbott via Groups.Io <sarahprocterabbott=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:
When we put the message number in "Message #" at top of page to quickly go to a message it's not working - it doesn't go to that message,
Until a few days ago it always worked perfectly.

Last week I changed how we fetched messages from the database, to make it more efficient. This changed how the Message # function worked. Previously, if you typed in a message number, that message would be positioned at the top of the returned page. After the change, it is not guaranteed to appear at the top of the page and most likely will appear in the middle of the page instead. I have set it so that it is now highlighted, with the blue vertical bar, so you should be able to locate it on the page.

I know this is not an ideal change. I made this change because the previous way of getting data from the database was becoming very inefficient, leading to slow page loading times. I had to fix it before it got worse and started affecting other aspects of the site.

If you are entering a message number, and it is not coming up on the page at all, please respond to me off list, with the name of the group and the message number you are trying to find.