moderated Email queue corruption #outage

Hi All,

During one of the normal siteĀ upgrades today (something I generally do 5-20 times a day), the database storing emails to be sent out became corrupted. This led to the loss of some emails that had not yet been successfully delivered. I don't know how many messages were lost; most, if not all of them, we had already attempted to send out at least once.

I don't recall this ever happening before. That said, I'm looking into ways to mitigateĀ this should it happen again.