moderated Re: Banned not in Banned list #bug

Hi All,

I just fixed an issue with banning by entering an email address (as opposed to selecting a member from the Members list and banning them using the Actions menu). Now, banning by entering an email address behaves the same way as the other banning: we keep their member notes, messages to moderators, join date, etc. Previously we did not.

I was unable to reproduce the issue of banning someone and them not appearing in the banned list. If that happens to you again, please contact me off-list with the following info: name of list, email address of person you tried to ban, and how you tried (entering their email address by hand, or by selecting them from the Members page).

Finally, I think a change should be made. Right now, when you enter an email address by hand to ban, we do not send out the Banned member notice. This is even the case when the person you are banning is a member of the group. I propose that, when you enter an email address by hand to ban, and that person is a member of the group, that the Banned member notice is sent out. This would mimic the behavior of banning someone by selecting them from the Members list.

Thanks, Mark