moderated Re: Process to propose new features #meta

The proposal process seems too complicated to me. If I want to make a simple suggestion like, "I think the background color should change to orange on Halloween," I don't want to have to go through a proposal phase for it.

Mo's suggestion is good. If you say something like, "I'd like to improve the database feature. Here are some outstanding suggestions that are already on the list of things to do. Which of these are most important, and can you think of any others that would be especially helpful?" that might improve the suggestion quality for that area for a little while.

If you really want to organize things, a form with dropdown fields for the individual features combined with an automatic search for similar issues as part of a suggestion process would be helpful, but that would be work to implement in itself.

JohnF